Please note that our privacy practices are subject to the applicable laws of the regions in which we operate. Accordingly, some additional region-specific terms will only apply to individuals in those locations, or as required by applicable laws.
- When You Register for a snick.link Account
When you create an Account, we collect the personal data from you, such as your name, phone number, company name, industry, job title, company size, email address, phone number and sign-in information. If you create an Account using your login information from a third-party account, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, or Twitter, we will access and collect the personal data about you that the third-party account provides (which is based on your privacy settings with the third-party account), so that you can log into your Account with us. We use your contact information to send you information about our Services and communicate with you about your Account, your activities on our Site and Services and policy changes. You may unsubscribe from receiving certain types of these messages through your Account settings, although snick.link reserves the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for administrative and account management purposes.
- We may receive a conﬁrmation when you open an email from us. We use this conﬁrmation to improve our customer service.
You have the opportunity to add sub-users to your Account. If you create a sub-user, the following personal data of the sub-user will be processed: Name, email address, IP address of the user’s device, date and time of sub-user creation, login information, employer, phone number.
- When You Create a snick.link Link, QR code or Link in Bio (collectively “snick.link Products”)
One feature of the Services is the ability to create shortened uniform resource locators (URLs) of websites, QR codes linking to a URL, or a Link in Bio linking to a URL (“snick.link Products”). When you create a shortened link, QR code, Link in Bio or other snick.link product, snick.link collects and stores both the original URL and any shortened URL and, if you are logged in to your Account, we will associate that information with your Account. snick.link also collects and stores your IP address, your geolocation data (which we derive from your IP address), the time and date on which you shortened the original URL and/or created the snick.link Product, and if you share a snick.link Product on a social networking platform, the name of the platform and your username on that platform.
- When You Interact With a snick.link Product
- Usage Across Devices
We use the information we collect to make inferences that a unique individual has created or interacted with snick.link links, QR codes or Links in Bio on different devices so that we can detect, deter and prevent malicious, fraudulent or unlawful activity and analyze how users use our Services. For example, if you created a snick.link Product on a computer connected to your residential WiFi network, and you soon thereafter clicked on a snick.link Product on a mobile device connected to the same WiFi network, we may infer that a single individual created and clicked on the snick.link Product because both events were associated with the same IP address in the same time period.
- Other Uses
We also may use personal data to pursue legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, prevention of fraudulent, malicious and unlawful activities, or any other purpose, as disclosed to you at the time you provide personal data or we contact you for the first time.
- Information We Share
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. The following categories of personal data generated through your use of the Services are shared publicly, within snick.link and with the following categories of third parties for the business purposes described below.
- snick.link Group – Personal data related to your Account and possible subscriptions for Services of snick.link Europe will be shared within snick.link to be used for our joint purposes as described under “Data Sharing and Joint Processing within snick.link”. Please note that if you hold a snick.link Account(s) and/or use snick.link Services managed by us or other snick.link entities, such personal data is combined with personal data collected in connection with snick.link Services. Sharing and combining the personal data is based on snick.link’s legitimate interests in finding synergies generated from performing, planning, and developing business in group level, and in promoting sales by cross and up-selling complementary products of group companies.
- snick.link Products You Create – Much of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. For example, when you create a snick.link Product, the original URLs you have shortened and the corresponding snick.link Product are publicly available, including the possibly included personal data.
- Account Information – Where permitted by law, if you register a snick.link Account with an email address on a domain owned by an organization, (for example, an employer or educational institution where you have an email account), we may share your email address and information about your Account, such as the number of links you have created, with that organization to explore the organization’s interest in creating or managing an enterprise account or for related purposes.
- Customer Support – We use various tools for communication and to provide you with customer support. To use customer support, you must provide at least one valid email address. This data processing can include the following data: Name, email address, contract information, job title, employer, customer ID, payment information, communication data. Data is processed to provide the services, offer customer support, communication with interested persons, responding to inquiries and customer relationship management. If the purpose of the contact is to conclude a contract or if you already have an account then we retain your information as needed to verify and provide you access to the services. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, to the extent further storage is not permitted or required by law. Personal data collection in connection with customer support will be shared within snick.link to be used for our joint purposes as described under “Data Sharing and Joint Processing within snick.link.“
- Email Verification – We use an email verification service. The email address of a user is processed for the purpose of verification and to filter invalid and spam email addresses/domains. All email addresses which are provided to the verification service by us are automatically deleted after the verification process.
- Email Marketing – For some services, we use email marketing providers to send transactional emails. When you register for our services, the data you enter during registration is transferred to our email marketing provider. This enables us to send you relevant emails, e.g. to confirm your registration or unsubscribe from our services. Further personal data may be stored and evaluated as a result, especially the user’s activity (in particular which pages have been visited and which elements have been clicked on) and device and browser information (in particular the IP address and operating system). For this purpose, your data will also be stored by our email marketing provider. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for the purpose of sending mails within the scope of using our services, nor will the vendor obtain the right to pass on your data.
- Information You Elect to Share – When creating a snick.link Product, you can share that snick.link Product through Third Party Services. Any information that you elect to distribute through Third Party Services, such as a social network post you create, may then become accessible to users of those services. You can also access other Third Party Services through the Services, for example by clicking on links in the Statistics page for a snick.link Product. We recommend that you review the terms of services and privacy policies of such Third Party Services that you access through the Services since snick.link does not control and is not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third Party Services.
- Information Shared with Service Providers – We may employ and contract with third parties to perform certain tasks on our behalf and under our direction (our “Service Providers”). We may need to share information about you with our Service Providers in order to fulfill certain business purposes, like providing our product with research and analytics on user behavior and providing advertising products and services to users, processing payments, and providing email marketing and support services. Our agreements with these Service Providers authorize them to use your information only as necessary to provide services to us. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by our agreements with our service providers.
- Payment Processing – For the transmission and verification of purchases, the data processed include bank account details, billing/shipping address, card expiration date, customer name, CVC code, date/time/amount of transaction, device ID, email address, IP address/location, customer ID, payment card details, tax ID/status, unique customer identifier. We share your data in these cases to allow the payment processing services necessary to process the payments for your account.
- Service Optimization – We use a variety of third party vendors in order to optimize our service. Vendors are used to evaluate the flow of visitors to our online offerings and may include behavior, interests or demographic information about visitors as pseudonymous values. With the help of these analyses, we can recognize, for example, which online offer, content or functions of our products are most frequently used or invite re-use. Likewise, we can understand which areas need optimization. Software may be used for analyzing and optimizing online offerings based on feedback functions and pseudonymously performed measurements and analyses of user behavior. In addition to web analytics, we may also use testing procedures, for example, to test and optimize different versions of our online offering or its components.
This processing may include IP address, random unique identifiers, experiment and event data associated with these identifiers (such as device type, variation and experiment IDs, browser and OS version and elements of the site being tested), device screen resolution, device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, browser type, geographic location (country only), preferred language, mouse events (movements, location and clicks), referring URL and domain, pages visited, date and time when website pages were accessed. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the user’s given consent. In certain cases, your data will be processed on the basis of our legitimate interests of providing efficient, economical and recipient-friendly services and the improvement of our service.
- Single Sign On – For some services, we allow users to elect to use single sign on services such as Google OAuth. Single Sign on Services allow users to log in to other online presences with their profile without having to create separate accounts.
- Tax and Legal – Your personal data may be transferred to third parties for tax and legal reasons. Possible recipients are professionals (e.g. lawyers, tax consultants and auditors). In addition, data may be transferred to authorities (e.g. tax authorities) for tax and legal reasons. Such data transfer only takes place to recipients who are legally bound to secrecy.
- The data may include the email address, IP address of the user’s device, date and time of registration, login information, address, contract information, payment information.
- We have a legitimate interest in sharing personal data with professional consultants and auditors for the purpose of appropriate tax and legal consultation, and in some cases we are legally required to share this data.
- Trust & Safety Compliance – We may share certain snick.link links, QR Codes, Link in Bio and/or related URLs, and the data collected when you create or interact with a snick.link Product to help detect, deter and prevent malicious, fraudulent or unlawful activity.
- With Your Consent – We will share information about you when you direct or otherwise instruct us to do so, such as when you share QR Codes or content with others through the Services, if you intentionally use or direct us or the Services to interact with third parties, or if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information (like sharing/posting it with a third-party Service).
The legal basis for processing of customer data for the Services and related communications is that the processing is necessary for performance of the requested service and management of the customer relationship subject to snick.link Terms of Service. The legal basis for other communications with the customer, such as marketing, is our legitimate interests to promote sales and increase awareness of snick.link Services, and communicate with our interest groups. Where such communications require consent, for example if we wish to market via email our Services to a new customer who is a natural person in the EU, the legal basis is your consent. The legal basis for improving, monitoring and analyzing the Services, and to prevent malicious, fraudulent or unlawful activity is our legitimate interests to ensure security and lawfulness of our Services, including protecting data of our customers and users, and preventing unauthorized or wrongful use.
For any individual that acts as the contact person for our customer, supplier, partner or other entity that we conduct or wish to conduct business with, we process the following information:
- Basic information (such as name, title, company name, work location and contact information)
- Business connections
The individual acting as the contact person in a primary source of information, but the personal data may also be collected from your employees, your colleagues, and our (other) customers, suppliers and partners. The personal data is used to discuss business, pursue business opportunities, send notifications related to our services and otherwise communicate with you, contracting, invoicing and making payments. The processing is based on our legitimate interests to comply with contractual obligations, or the terms of agreements we have (or have had), maintaining relationships, and operating our business. In addition, the invoicing related personal data will be used in accounting and reporting, which processing shall be based on our obligations under the law.
snick.link process personal data gathered when you use or access their respective websites, including any and all subdomains of the sites (each “Site”, as applicable), respectively.
Each time Site is accessed, our system automatically collects data and relevant information from the computer system of the calling device.
The following data is collected:
- Browser type and version used
- The user’s operating system
- The user’s internet service provider
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Web pages from which the user’s system accessed our website
- Web pages accessed by the user’s system through our website
- This data is stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user. The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary for the delivery of the website to the computer of the user. For this purpose, the user’s IP address must be kept for the duration of the session. The storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. The data is also used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. An analysis of this data for marketing purposes does not take place. The legal basis for the temporary storage and other processing described above of data and logfiles is our legitimate interest to maintain functionality and ensure security of our website.
If you connect with us using various social media platforms and/or professional networks, please note that snick.link does not control or have influence over how those platforms process your personal data. We recommend that you contact those third party platforms directly for information on their processing. Here are some links for your convenience:
If you subscribe to our newsletter or for other materials (such as blogs, newsletters available on our websites), we will process the given contact information to send the newsletter or provide the materials. Such processing is based on your consent and the necessity to fulfill our obligation to provide the subscribed material(s). The contact information is retained and possibly shared as described below.
We use following information to communicate on and promote our services (as compatible with the original purposes, if data is collected in another occasion):
- Basic information (such as name, title, company name, work location, contact information)
- Basic business information
- Business connections (to our former, current and potential customers and other relevant entities)
- Expressed interest to our products and services (such as download of specific materials)
- Marketing preferences (such as subscribed newsletter(s))
- The information is obtained from you (e.g. in connection with interaction we have with you, the subscription(s) and website forms, event registrations, demo requests or other contact requests and communications (including on third party platforms, such as LinkedIn), or our cooperation partners (for example, our referral partners may disclose us information on potential customers or organizers of events which we sponsor may disclose us information on participants). Subject to your (cookie) consent, this data may be combined with information on online activity data in our website domains. Such data is gathered with cookies, please see our cookie policies for detailed description.
The personal data above is used to generate leads, target marketing activities to the contacts representing potential and current customers (for example to help our sales teams to target their efforts to contacts with potential interest in our services) and other stakeholders (including our suppliers and partners), and to retarget and customize our marketing. Naturally, the data is used to provide product and service updates, announce new materials, invitations to our events, and otherwise market our products and services and provide related information in different channels, such as emails, phone calls, on social platforms and over display. For example, we may retarget relevant contacts by serving new retail content on LinkedIn based on previous engagement with retail content on the snick.link Group websites. In addition, personal data is used, as applicable, for business intelligence, market and customer analysis, reporting and statistical purposes, and to better understand how people interact with our websites and services.
Personal data stored for marketing purposes are deleted upon request of the contact, if the data is identified as out of date, or if the contact is no longer deemed a suitable candidate for our services.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, or otherwise subject to the GDPR, and we process your personal data, you have the right to ask for the following rights:
- In all cases a right to be informed about processing by snick.link that pertains to personal data based on which you may be identified, and access to a copy of such personal data (Art. 15 GDPR).
- If the personal data that is being processed is incorrect or inaccurate, you are entitled to demand for the data to be corrected (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Subject to the conditions set in the GDPR, you may demand for the deletion or limitation of the processing and have the right to object to the processing altogether (Art. 17, 18, and 21 GDPR).
- If the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing of data is carried out using automated procedures, you may be entitled to data transferability (Article 20 GDPR).
- If you have consented to the processing of your data by the data controller, you may revoke your consent at any time. The legality of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent that was obtained prior to the revocation will not be affected.
- Furthermore, you have a right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR) if you deem the personal data processing by us to violate the GDPR or other applicable data protection laws.
Contact Details for questions and Exercising your rights
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy when using the Services or wish to use your rights, such as object the processing or have your personal data removed, please send us a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. In addition to email you may exercise any of your rights by sending a request to us, our contact details are provided in “Contact Information” above.
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. Once we receive your request, we will ask that you verify your identity such as by authenticating through your account. Please note that if you do not have a snick.link account, snick.link has no way of identifying you or verifying that you created or clicked on a snick.link Product, or otherwise interacted with our Services.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide a written attestation, declaration, or permission that has either been physically signed or provided electronically per applicable law. In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to retain your personal data.
Tools available to exercise your rights
If you have a snick.link Account, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data by logging into your Account. For snick.link Link, Link in Bio and QR Code services, once logged in to your account, you will be able to view a history of the URLs you have shortened and the metrics pages for those URLs. You can request a complete copy of the personal data we store about your account by clicking the button to request a report in your Account Settings. You can delete your Account at any time through your Account settings page. If you delete your Account, you will no longer be able to access or use the Services. If you have an Account but are unable to access it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
As a snick.link Europe QR Code Services user you have the possibility to cancel the registration at any time by using the tools in the Service or via an email to customer support or email@example.com. You can object to the storage of your personal data at any time. In this case, all personal data stored will be deleted to the extent permitted by law or no opposing legitimate interest prevails. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in the interest of ensuring that existing snick.link Products continue to function for all of our users, the snick.link Products that you have created and shared cannot be deleted or disabled (even if your Account is deleted), and any shortening and sharing activity that has already occurred on your Account also cannot be deleted. If you have concerns about any unauthorized use of your Account, you can delete your account within your Account settings.
International transfers of personal data
Depending on your location, information about you may be transferred to the United States or other countries outside the EU or European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed there. These data transfers are necessary to provide you with the Services and functionalities you have requested as outlined in this policy.
To protect your personal data, we rely on appropriate legal basis for each data transfer. In particular, we use contractual safeguards such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. Where applicable, we base data transfers also on adequacy decisions issued by the European Commission.
Please feel free to contact us for further information about international data transfers, including to obtain access to a copy of applicable safeguards.